Hi TP users.
Want to share my positive expirience with recent WWAN LTE card installation.
1. Order EM7455 card. I did it here: https://www.ebay.com/itm/Lenovo-Thinkpad-Sierra-wireless-AirPrime-EM7455-4G-WWAN-LTE-MODULE-FRU-00JT542/263241163859. No affiliation, just the chipest option I was able to find (~$70).
2. Wait ~2 weeks.
3. Install card: unscrew 5 bolts on bottom, open cover, insert card, connect antenna. Blue wire to blue pin (aux), red wire to red pin (main). Close the cover.
4. Insert SIM. Important to do it before power up, otherwise you will see "Insert SIM" message next to cellular connection.
5. Cellular connection shows my carrier (T-Mobile) name and "No service" next it.
6. Install latest driver: https://support.lenovo.com/us/en/downloads/ds112204. It will also flush the card with latest firmware.
7. Done. Even with my poor signal at home (12%) speedtest.net shows 30Mbps download, 10Mbps upload, 40ms ping.
Usefull commands to diagnostic:
netsh mbn sh int
netsh mbn sh cap int=*
It will show you firmware, signal level, and some other usefill stuff.
Removing Alexa from Tab4 8
The last system update from Lenovo brought Alexa on to my Lenovo Tab4, without offering the ability to remove it. And it shows that it has full access to my tablet without my permission. I couldn’t be more furious! I’ve been scouring the internet for a way to deal with this issue, but unfortunately not much has turned up other than the familiar complains of this and other apps being forced onto consumers.
I wonder if this sort of plight has been falling on deaf ears at Lenovo. If Superfish wasn’t enough of a problem, then how much more intuitiveness must continue before we the consumer can finally take control of our own devices?
Thank you for reading.
ThinkCentre M8500t update BIOS
Product: ThinkCentre M8500t-N000
System: Debian 8
Current BIOS Information:
Release Date: 04/17/2014
BIOS Revision: 1.79
Firmware Revision: 1.13
It seems that this BIOS is really old. Could I update BIOS by this Flash BIOS update link? Because I can’t find my product on this website. Could you help me check?
E31 PSU upgrades
I’m about to buy a used Thinkstation E31 and I think it’s a model 255* (not sure the last digit but it’s a tower with a XEON E3-1245 v2 and 16GB RAM.
I want to take out the 640GB HD and put in a SSD and two regular HDs, add a M-Audio PCI card.
Will the 280W PSU be able to handle this or do I need to upgrade it?
I have two PSUs here that I could put in.
CORSAIR CX series CX430 430W (20+4Pin)
PC Power & Cooling ModXStream Pro Series 600 Watt ATX (OCZ600MXSP) (20+4Pin)
Would either work in the E31? I know they’d need the 20 pin to 14 pin adapter (this? https://www.amazon.com/20-Pin-14-Pin-Supply-Adapter-Lenovo/dp/B01IB5YCNG)
I’m currently running two displays on my 9 year old home-built piece of crap using a Radeon HD 4600 card.
Will it fit/work in the E31?
Thanks for any help.
E580 cannot detect external monitor on HDMI
I have just bought a ThinkPad E580 and it does not detect my external monitor (LG Flatron W2753-PF). The external monitor and the HDMI cable are both working well, since I have tested them using another laptop.
Can anyone help? Thanks in advance.